Expert high-speed and 5-axis machining software for manufacturing
Solve complex problems with dedicated CNC strategies
What is Autodesk PowerMill?
Autodesk® PowerMill® is expert CAM software for manufacturers of molds, dies and highly complex components wanting to achieve the maximum quality, control, and efficiency from their CNC machines. Access a vast library of toolpath strategies and combine with advanced optimization tools to generate the NC code needed to produce exceptional quality parts. Use powerful simulation tools to validate and enhance the motion of 5-axis machines.
Features included in Fusion 360 with PowerMill® enable easier 3- and 5-axis programming, simulation, and verification, so you can get more from their subtractive, additive, and hybrid machines.
- Expert performance through rapid calculation of toolpaths for large or complex parts
- High-speed roughing, prolong tool life and reduce maintenance costs.
- Access a vast library of toolpaths and comprehensive finishing
- Make global or localized edits to your toolpaths
- Hybrid manufa- Create, control, and simulate deposition strategies for driving high-rate additive processes.
- Create probing toolpaths to measure parts with spindle probes.
- Efficient 3+2 programming: Machine complex features with fewer setups, shorter tools, and more aggressive feeds and speeds.
- Machine the most challenging parts more safely and efficiently with continuous 5-axis machining.
- Automatic tool axis tilting and interactive tools to help identify and repair toolpath motion that can cause collisions or near misses
- Improve the synchronization between 5-axis simulations and actual NC program output.
- Use a virtual CNC machine to dynamically apply alternative tool axis settings.
- Output high-quality NC code for your machines.
Specialized industry solutions available for:
- Industrial robots
- Electrode manufacture
- Blisk and impeller machining
- Blade milling
- Port and manifold manufacture
- Rib machining
Start making parts faster with expert CAM performance
Reduce cycle times with high-speed machining
Drive productivity with 5-axis machining
Improve the quality of machined parts
Diversify and grow a higher value business
Whether you’re new to CAM programming or a seasoned pro - PowerMill makes it even easier to machine large or complex parts, where quality, accuracy and efficiency are critical. Ultra-efficient algorithms and exceptional levels of customization and control allow you to create, verify and optimize toolpaths to machine the most challenging parts. Boost your productivity by embedding your unique manufacturing expertise into automated templates that can be shared across your engineering team.
10 reasons to choose PowerMill
Compare the features in Fusion 360 with PowerMill
Available as part of Fusion 360 with PowerMill Standard
Available as part of Fusion 360 with PowerMill Ultimate
At a Glance
Full 5-axis programming with automatic collision avoidance
Offline robot programming
2.5D and turning
Automated electrode machining
Additive & hybrid manufacturing
“With PowerMill, we’re seeing jobs come in weeks ahead of schedule. Builds that would traditionally take 10 weeks, we’re doing in 4 to 5.”
Connect With A Powermill Expert